We all know that a company’s website is their digital window to the world; indeed, some would say a business website design is a reflection of the organisation and what they are all about. How does one know whether or not their business website is doing what it should?
Here are a few signs that it is time to revamp a company website.
- User Feedback – If a site visitor leaves a message complaining about slow page loading or lack of clear site labels, which makes it hard to find what you’re looking for, this should be enough to contact a web designer with a view to revamping the platform. Some business owners ignore customer feedback, which is a mistake, as this is an indication of how the user feels about their experience.
- Low Traffic – This is the defining measuring stick; if you discover that your website is rarely visited, this needs to be addressed. There are, for example, powerful digital tools that tell you a) how many visits each page received, b) how long a visitor spent on a page and c) which platform directed them to your site. If you see that users are not spending much time on your platform, this means you need the services of Cardiff web designers to carry out a design revamp and include professionally created content. For those who want to work with web designers near them, a Google search is all it takes.
- Low Google Ranking – When you type in a relative search term and hit that go button, where does your site rank? If you are way back on page 32, it is very unlikely that you will receive any traffic from Google’s search engine. This could be due to poor website content or a lack of search engine optimisation, which is a critical service that is designed to boost a website’s rankings within Google searches. Search engine optimisation is one service that every business needs.
- Out Of Date Content – A lot can happen in a couple of years and if your web content hasn’t changed in a long time, this could be a reason people are not staying long. Change is necessary with all forms of promotional content, so make sure that you update your website on a regular basis.
- Hard To Navigate – If your site is a nightmare to navigate, this will drive people away; there’s nothing worse than not being able to find what you’re looking for. Does your website have clear page labels and links to a variety of content that visitors would be looking for? Checking your site traffic might point out that users are leaving within a few seconds and if this is the case, it is time to revamp the platform.
If you would like to talk to a leading web designer, start with a Google search and check out some of the professionals that can make the changes that you need. Most are happy to quote after seeing your website and the work can be done remotely, which is ideal during the pandemic.